PAINTERS USE COMPUTERS TOO......

NOMAD SERIES

The Nomad Series of artworks began in September 2005 when i returned from my first trip to the US for the art4people international Art exhibition. Many of the artists involved were all members of the same art site.....Artwanted. Artists whose work I had discovered through the medium of the internet and the computer....These people I can now call friends and have truly inspired and informed my art practice and opened my eyes to the 'bigger art picture'........Patrick Miller, Derek Shockey, Meghan Henley, and of course the Exhibition Catalyst and Event Organizer .... the indefatigable Jessica Torrant


As part of staying organized with my art i spend some time on the computer to both look at other art and to post my own to a few different sites.... some have different functions and some are better than others.....


This has become a fundamental tool of the artist in 2006 and as such one cannot really beat it for learning.... and also to communicate quickly and effectively with other artists..... I see this as becoming interwoven into the very fabric of creating..... the organic nature of it allows one to communicate with people who live great distances apart and may not even speak the same language.... a *Reverse Tower of Babel* so to speak.

Perhaps where artists are living will become less important and what artists create will be greater valued as a result......I see only good in that....... taking art into the world through a myriad of little pathways creates more entry points for both the artist and the viewer,.... after all art IS for everyone......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy! So happy to discover this wonderful new blog!! The best of luck to you on your trip to America and may this new transition in your life bring joy, new opportunities and lots of love and creativity! My best to you and Patrick.... Jessica

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
Great blog! I love your work. Thank you for sharing it with others! I really like the Nomad series! You are truly inspiring! Keep painting!
Angela