HOMESCHOOLING IN SEMPRONIUS...

Since returning from Australia and being reconnected to my root's i had a very strong sense of wanting to control the education of the boys since i was extremely unhappy with their public school education since moving to Moravia.

It was mostly a clash of philosophy and also content. There was very little in the way of critical thinking or science or arts being taught.... thinking how to think (metacognition) and also there was a formidable and unwanted sense of cog in a machine.

 As an educator I could no longer tolerate it. Initially the disequilibrium i felt I attributed to my need to 'connect' to a new way of doing things. It is only with hindsight it becomes apparent that while that may have initially actually been true it disguised the reality that it was a bad fit and particularly against my perception of what i find important elements OF an education.

A case of should have listened to my instincts as they were correct........ at least for Drew and Jye. So after some extensive research and investigation I decided that it was time to intervene. It had gone on some 3 years and enough was enough...... nothing had changed for the better. I had an issue with the system not the people delivering the system. Time to move on.

So we began...... once the decision was made it really was simple to implement. I contacted the school with my intent to home school. I created a program of learning (merely a scaffold for the beginning) and began on day one of the school year, Most importantly - my kids are excited.

No comments: