REDREAMING HOME


Theres just no way to describe the unsettledness that accompanies relocating so far...... first from my home of 12 years in Australia and then from Connecticut. Currently between one home ownership experience and the next feels like limbo more profound than i expected.

Interestingly i am not unhappy but it is a 'soil connection' i am missing ......obviously i have an inherent need to grow things and connect to the seasons through immersing myself in a garden.

I am beginning to redream my new place and home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy
redreaming your home sounds like a wonderfully engaging activity to me. It is a source of wonder to me that you are in Moravia, a name that has meaning to me and that you are near Lake Ontario which is the only body of water I was familiar with until I was almost 35 years old. It was my "ocean." You are feeling and touching the land and absorbing all the secrets of the seasonal changes there. I always felt the iroquoi indian presence in the land and the mohicans too.

Unknown said...

I am feeling for you right now as you find your soil. I understand that deeply. I am thinking of your mantra "touch is.. change is..." and if anyone can make the most of this time, 'tis you dear Wendy!