ENGLISHMAN IN NEW YORK




Well driving to Ithaca today while uneventful underlines the sense of alien i sometimes become aware of in the process of daily life. Lots about life here is a new experience and wonderful and exciting. Sometimes it is a bit of a freak out. Like driving in bright sunshine in a snowy landscape........ so surreal to me still. The driving skills needed are not that different to driving on outback dusty roads........gravel and powdered bulldust are just as slippery as snow and ice.......but the difference is stark.......... not only a sense of the physicality of it all and the quality of light.....but also the PEOPLE. I cannot believe how reckless some people drove......skidding and careering around the place going faster than i judged safe considering the conditions......dont get me wrong i am quite sure that a great deal of caution is needed and i am sure i have a respectful helping of that.........it just seemed that other drivers did not.




What a stress to drive in it!




I made it safely to my destination and back again.....a little more experienced and wiser into the equation......... I did have fun shopping and picked up a load of small things i needed to continue with the settling into the house process........ and managed to find a day planner for myself and Patrick,......... thank goodness! I also picked up my filters for the camera.......i cannot WAIT to try them out.....off to The Glen tomorrow!










No comments: